Crowdfight was born to focus scientific resources on the fight against covid-19, and is now expanding beyond covid-19 to cover other scientific problems. We need a new symbol that will capture and represent the Crowdfight idea. Specifically, we are seeking a talented graphic designer to redesign our isotype.
Our original mission to fight the Covid-19 pandemic is represented in our current isotype: a viral particle being slashed in half.
We are now launching a new platform. This new platform will address all scientific disciplines and will also be tied to our Covid-19 initiative. We are looking for a new updated isotype that will identify what Crowdfight stands for: facilitation of scientific collaborations, and promotion of a new culture for the scientific community, with a greater emphasis in true division of labor. This symbol will be prominently displayed on our website and all communications and marketing materials.
- The purpose of the contest is to redesign the Crowdfight isotype.
- The isotype should have square format and be optimized for the web. If not suitable to be used as favicon, an alternative favicon can be submitted.
- The redesigned logo should be in line with the previous one, so the word “crowdfight” should be identical to the one in our current logo.
- Color and aesthetics consistent with previous design would be a plus, but are not required.
- The isotype must represent the mission and vision of Crowdfight.
- The isotype cannot contain copyrighted material and must have been created by the contestant. It may not include any image or similar element previously published.
- Contest entries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 CET on January 24, 2021. All submissions must use the template in the appendix.
- Contestants may write to email@example.com for doubts or clarifications. Any relevant updates about the contest will be disseminated via our twitter account (@CrowdfightTeam) and at the top of this web.
- All submissions must follow our submission form.
- All submitted logos will be published on our web, with a link to the designer’s web or profile.
- An in-house panel will pre-select a set of logos that will then be voted by all Crowdfight members. Entries will be judged on their visual appeal, quality of design, ease of reproduction and how well they capture the Crowdfight concept.
- Winner will be announced on our website, mailing list and social networks.
- Winner contestant must agree to transfer copyright of the final design and any derivatives to Crowdfight, including all ownership rights and intellectual property rights. Crowdfight will credit authorship of the logo on the web. Crowdfight is a non-profit and will only use this logo as long as it maintains non-profit status.
- The profile of the winner and a short interview will be featured on the Crowdfight website, together with a link to their website. The winner will also receive a Crowdfight cup featuring the new logo.